Direct Licensing Guidelines

You will need to negotiate a licence agreement before using any sound recordings or music videos by Brighter Later.

Please send any request to license sound recordings or videos by Brighter Later by email as detailed below.

You may be able to licence sound recordings on a non-exclusive basis for a range of uses, including synchronisation licences (eg films, computer games and audio-visual presentations); compilation licences; communication to the public licences (eg transmission in media such as television, radio, internet or mobile devices) and public performance (eg playing music videos and sound recordings in public places, such as commercial premises).

Please complete and return the Licensing Enquiry Application Form by email.

Licence applications and are considered and negotiated on a case-by-case basis having regard to the proposed use.

Once we have considered your completed Application Form, we may provide a quote which will be subject to contract and any other formal clearances (such as artist approval, as applicable).  If agreement is reached on the terms, we will issue you with a formal licence agreement for signing.

Please note:

1.     A separate licence is required in relation to the use of musical works and lyrics embodied in sound recordings and music videos. You will need to contact Gaga Music or APRA in Australia) to obtain the necessary publishing licence(s).


2.     In relation to certain types of public performance and communication to the public, you may also directly approach the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) which non-exclusively offers licences which cover recordings Brighter Later (together with the catalogues of other record companies) eg. licences for broadcasting, music on hold and playing music in commercial premises.


3.     We may revise these Direct Licensing Guidelines from time to time.